Figure 6 represents cm_control.xlsx file, which contains parameters and options that determine how the implementation will operate and which one is the model output. This file can be partitioned into 3 basic parts that are described below as well as their parameters and options.
Figure 6: cm_control.xlsx file
The first part shows the basic options that determine the operation and which the input and output files are. These basic options are:
- Options: 'list' or 'out'.
If Operation Mode == 'list', then the climate model will be executed for the instances list described on the second part of the file.
If Operation Mode == 'out', then the software will read all the input and output data whose name (mat Filename) is in B5 field of cm_control.xlsx file (figure 6). No climate model calculation will be done.
- xls Filename: the spreadsheet filename (.xls or .xlsx) in which all the output trajectories (temporal series) will be saved. If the same is blank, no file will be save. The output trajectories must be selected on the third part of the file.
- mat Filename: the .mat file name in which the parameters, options, intermediate calculations and all the input and output trajectories will be saved. If the file name is blank, no file will be saved.
The second part contains parameters and options related to the instances execution. From 12 possible instances, N instances will be executed (if it is the case), where N is the parameter from C7 cell (total number of instances to read). Instance Name indicates the instance name that will be written on the captions and on the output .xls file. Each of the instances operate like:
- read: reads the parameters files (parbasic and parogas) and the trajectories files (trajbasic and trajogas) and executes the climate model with those data.
- mult: reads the parameters files (parbasic and parogas) and the trajectories files (trajbasic and trajogas) and multiplies the value shown on value column by the input trajectories values and then executes the climate model with those data. The read option is equivalent as mult option with value=1.
- input: only used the output trajectories as the input trajectories defined by the user (trajbasic and trajogas files). No calculation with the climate model is done. This operation is used only in order to compare the output trajectories with the input ones.
The third part shows a list of possible output trajectories (temporal series). The user must select which series will be visualized on xls file (Print option) or on a line graph (Plot option). The Print and Plot logical variables have the logical options 0(no) or 1(yes). The xls file name is defined on B4 field (xls Name). There are the following output parameters:
- Number of rows of the plot matrix: The output graph is generated by MATLAB and is composed by a graph matrix. The C22 field indicates the number of horizontal graph. This parameter is an integer ≥ 1.
- Number of columns of the plot matrix: It is the number of vertical graphs. It is an integer ≥ 1. Only the first N_rows x N_columns trajectories selected from Plot option will be visualized on the graph.
- Number of plots with legends: Only the first N graph has captions, where N is the C24 field parameter.
- Output initial year: It is the visualization initial year (not simulation) of the output trajectories. It is a floating point number.
- Output final year: It is a floating point number.
- Step (in years) to output serial data: It is a floating point number.